Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a winter of dealing with slippery factory running boards and black plastic steps ... I broke down today and ordered a set of Luverne Grip Step running boards (marketing picture below). Will post a picture in a few weeks after installation is complete ... as well as my personal review of the product.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Installing these aftermarket running boards was one of the more practical & beneficial modifications to date. No more slipping getting in and out of the truck (especially in the winter). High quality product worth the ~$550 in my opinion. They look like a factory option when installed. Be prepared to spend 3 or 4 hours properly installing and adjusting these steps. Make sure to get the frame mounted brackets due to the DEF tank being in the way for the rocker mounting option.

Here is the product link if interested: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XTRY9N5/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Frame mounted? Or rocker mounted? Particularly on passenger side?

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Frame mounted? Or rocker mounted? Particularly on passenger side?
Frame mounted both sides.

Kit brackets actually use the cab mounting bolts ... instead of the rocker panels (like the factory set).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts