Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I have an issue with my added 7 pin camper connector in the bed of the truck. I installed this last night by simply dropping the spare tire and following the Youtube video
. I did not use that plug but rather a different one I purchased off Amazon and put the truck wires directly into the screw slots at the back of the plug. I followed the instructions that came with the plug and the guide that was wrapped up with the wire bundle under the truck. After everything installed, I checked for power and lights working etc. Nothing! I checked the 7 pin in the bumper and its powered. I looked at how the wire harness for the camper/bed connection is wired and its all plugged in, and runs to the bumper plug first, then to the camper/bed plug. I then scoured the internet, because Google is my friend! Many forums, this one, etrailer other GM sites, etc, talk about a lead under the brake master that needs to be installed at post #1 on fuse box. I don't have this. I do have dual batteries installed, and there is no harness that I can find that I need to do this or otherwise. The other thing people mentioned was to add a fuse (30 amp) at spot #2, there's one in there and its ok, there's also fuses at 74, 2, 3, and 1 as well. This has me baffled why I don't have power, or lights of any kind back there. Its for all intense purposes a dummy connector at the moment. eTrailer makes this look so easy in their other videos as well, but I have no darn power! 'dunno; Any help would be appreciated. Thanks:smile2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, an update, I pulled the three connectors under the truck at the rear bumper and sprayed them with electronic cleaner, and reseated them. This solved my issue, I now have power, yippee. I guess these connectors get corroded after time. I’m heading to the store to get some dielectric grease so I can seal them up better. Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.