Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to use the 7-wire plug at the rear bumper to plug in my 12 air compressor.

Does anyone know what the current rating is for the 12V+ feed pin on the 7-wire? Is it fused or go directly to the battery?

Actually, I already made a fused plug/adapter for it, but I'm concerned about the current going through the wire up to the front of the vehicle. I put in a 10amp fuse on my adapter, but it has already blown 3 of them and before I step up to a 15 or 20 I want to know more . . . :help

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The 12 feed wire has a 40 amp fuse (my 04.5) - and is in the under-hood fuse box.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 12 feed wire has a 40 amp fuse (my 04.5) - and is in the under-hood fuse box.
JC,

Thanks for the quick response . . . I hope my '02 is the same way - it should be though . . .

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Just look in the fuse box where it is taped up.....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just look in the fuse box where it is taped up.....
Why is it taped up? Anyone know what color it is?
Is the fuse in the BEC? or is it inline? What is the best way to identify it and the fuse?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.