Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I want to make 650-700 HP on fuel. Here's how I plan on doing it, and want you guys' input.

Stacking on what's in my sig, I want an ATS twin CP3 kit, Fleece 70mm Cheetah compounded with MPI S480 kit(perhaps larger atmosphere charger). Also the ATS manifolds and Up-pipes, and DDP 100 over inj. What other supporting mods would I need? Like inj hold down studs, headstuds, etc. I know it has alot to do with tuning, and Im aware that this build will be right at the breaking point of the rods and pistons, not to worry, Im building a spare billet engine on the side:cool:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S366 over S480

or

S480 over GT55

or

A5k

60% over injectors will be really good as well, you could still DD with them and not be over smokey.
So do you think I'll need headstuds or inj studs with this power? Aslo the S366 over S480, what size is the 366? Im not knowledgeable about turbo sizing. And the 480 over the 55 isnt that like mongaloid huge turbo setup :rof??

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
head studs would be a really good idea...also the 366 is a 2.6 charger and if you ran a cheetah with the mpi kit you should be able to get more than 700hp...also like stated above i would go with 60 over inj.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I wanna max out at 650-700 burning all my fuel so Im pretty sure I'll go the 60 route. Also, with my headgaskets NOT being blown, could I install studs 1 at a time and not remove the heads? Ive done major engine work on my 6.4 and done studs before, but I had to remove the heads.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
yeah it can be done different ppl have different oppinions on it though

·
Banned
17,252 Posts
So do you think I'll need headstuds or inj studs with this power? Aslo the S366 over S480, what size is the 366? Im not knowledgeable about turbo sizing. And the 480 over the 55 isnt that like mongaloid huge turbo setup :rof??
Studs for sure, mind as well get the billet injector hold downs as well, the S366 is a 66mm compressor, 71 or 74mm turbine and is the high pressure turbo in the "big MPI twin" kit. S480 is low pressure.

and yea, the GT55 is freaking huge,

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
i think the mpi big twins would do what u need

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would def go the BIG kit route, but Im in real good with the Fleece guys and they're gunna hook me up with a great price on the Cheetah. See my plan is to get my exhuast/turbo setup dialed in for 700 on fuel, then when I get my other engine finished, just switch it all over with bigger injectors and go for 1000hp with some spray if needed.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
forget the Cheetah if your plannig on big power, to resticive on exhaust side you want to get awy from the VVT and do the S366 like said above. if your planning on 1,000rwhp you'll need atleast a S366 and a GT47 or S490 with it, and a lot of fuel. I personally wouldn't go to the work of the heads studs at 700hp I would be more worried about the pistons.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
With the II kit can i throw a S366 in stock location as a "bolt up" to the DP supplied or is a new one req'd??
almost positive you will need a new setup when you switch the stock turbo. Maybe a pedestal, downpipe, and possibly new tubing,not for sure though on new tubing

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
its possible.. IMHO tho i would watch the pistons..i know you dont really need them at that horsepower, but the LBZ/LMM ones have cracked under stock HP JMO tho

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
i agree with kyle , i am on borrowed time ,so thats why i am building another engine to swap in with pistons and rods.These trucks can hold the power , but no one can forsee how long

·
Registered
303 Posts
Would the twin setup save the life of the motor or it doesnt matter if its a big single or twins when it comes to the life?

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
twins are easier on the motor when you making this kinda power, rather than a single. In the single turbo application the motor is getting a freakin workout trying to make 600, with the twins it does it with ease

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
if your plan is to go for 1000 why not get something like a gt 42 and gt55 setup, they will still spool great and there is a ton of room to grow.

unless you want to do everything twice go with 100 overs. limit boost to around 45 psi and you will be able to get by without studs.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wouldnt it be cheaper in the long run to get some big sticks now because if he is wanting a BIG combo wouldnt they help and when the motor pops he wouldnt have to spend money on injectors again?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts