Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok a guy ik wants to race me with his 8.1 all stock he says he will wax me but i find this had to believe cause i raced a different 8.1 with my 99 5.3 and walked him to 70 by a truck lenght then up to 97 he had me by a half and that was no spining of either trucks.. and my duramax eats my 5.3 alive.. idk if that 8.1 that i raced was just junk or what but i was not impressed at all. it also had 4.10 gears and 90thousand miles crew cab short box i think it is a 02.. crew cab short box.. this one that wants to race my duramax is a ex cab short box 4x4.. what do u all think easy win for me or lose?? he also said i can leave my edge on level 4 also

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
if u have a progamer on it ull kill him

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i told him but he's bound and determined to win. id tell him to race for pinks but with my stupid luck something dumb would happen and he'd end up kicking my ass lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
yeah dont race pinks but duramaxbd03 is right as long you have a tuner.. tires might slow you down a tad, but the 6.6 has A LOT of power dont be afraid to use it lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you don't win, you should get your truck taken away :) I know a guy who could use himself a Dmax too. . . .

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont have the big super swampers on right now just the stock rims and tires def going to have to a 4x4 launch cause even with out spooling up the turbo it spins like crazyyy but only one wheeled wounder need to get my posi carrier put in one of these days..

·
Registered
100 Posts
stock 8.1 :rof.. but a built 8.1 watch out :neener very impressive

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what i was thinking but i wasnt sure if dat one i raced with my 5.3 was just a lemon or what.. should tell him to put a hundered dollars down and see if he thinks twice or not lol:rof

·
Waldo
788 Posts
I've owned both, the 8.1 has no low end speed. You'll gain a lot on him there and stay ahead the whole way.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
I just raced my old boss last week in his 496. We didnt go from a stop because that wouldn't be fair at all. We were on the highway and lets just say he was keeping up with my tow tune and but my daily driver embarrassed it. He has a programmer, intake, headers, duals and a few other things. I also owned one...for about 8 months.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea i noticed that with my 5.3 not much on low end but top end it started to scoot pretty good..:eek: thought i had him at first but then i was watching as he was catching up towards the end still gave him a bunch of shit though since he didnt beat me by much :D

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
Dont get too confident though, 8.1s have a lot of power, yet no low end torque, they can still beat a stock Dmax.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Dont get too confident though, 8.1s have a lot of power, yet no low end torque, they can still beat a stock Dmax.
Yup. For a BB they like the rpms. I was surprised how well it kept up with me. Until I clicked the switch up one more notch. :cool:

One thing about the 8.1 that I absolutely hated was the gas mileage.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i usually keep my trap shut till i win other wise i look like a idiot when i lose.. unless ik for a fact its a win no matter what.. some kids that go to school with my little bro thought there half tons would win (like i said highschool kids). told him to take my truck to school the next day and bet them he came home with 100 extra dollars i took 50 and gave the other 50 to him. raced a chevy with a 5.3 and a ford with a 5.4

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea i hurd they only get like 10 or 12 mpg no wose then my 454 i drove in highschool that got around 9 and once i got 14 with it but that was reallllly babying it..

·
Waldo
788 Posts
yea i hurd they only get like 10 or 12 mpg no wose then my 454 i drove in highschool that got around 9 and once i got 14 with it but that was reallllly babying it..
I got 8 mpg. I loved that truck, till I drove a Dmax.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey have u hurd of any good dyno days or anything going on here in wisconsin though i would ask u since i seen your from wi thanks

the fuel bill killed me in highschool till i got a job at a junk yard and had gotton free gas lol..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes i think you will be the one doing the waxing:rof those 8.1s love the gas my 6.0 chev got 12 mpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts