Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 85hp limit on the allison. Now would that include exhaust, and intake, and predator equaling 85hp as the max? Or is it just the programmer's max hp until doing a vb, trqcvrtr? On my lbz, I have a 5" plan on running a straight pipe, predator is in the mail, and I want to run a dry filter intake system.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I believe I would just go with what the programmer is at 85. the other mods add very little HP/TQ. Also, the 85 hp is just a easy guide...you could limp it at a lower power depending on what you are doing. If you drive it like you stole it, the 85 hp could be too much over time without tranny upgrades.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah, you will have to play around with it. I thinkthey say 65hp is the limit for the 5speed. I dynoed ~425hp on a stock tranny last fall and dont have any major problems. Its all in how you drive it.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tow Master, are you running the fingerstick and egr blocker with your straight pipe? Right now I am running a mbrp 5" turbo back, and want to ditch the muffler, run a short 5" straight pipe. Thanks for the tip on the tranny.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just got my diablo. Installed it with the 85hp, drove it around the block and felt alot more power. I am going to go try it on the freeway after the good ol california gridlock dies down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.