Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this Duramax in 2002 for a tech who complained about his gas pickup. I told him he had to drive it 5 years, it's now 18 years old and has 900,000 miles. One set of injectors, countless minor repairs, nothing of significance. We have been told several times the transmission is bad and the codes require changing it. Last time was about 250,000 miles ago. He goes from Conneticut to North Carolina to repair equipment. Everything is stock, it's the way the factory made it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
now thats impressive

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Wow! I hope I get half of that out of mine.

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Wow! I hope I get half of that out of mine.
You and me both. I bought an 08 two years ago with 95000 on the clock. It currently has 136000. I don't intend to buy another one............Ever.

I maintain it well, some may say excessively, but it does everything I want it to do very well.

I fully expect it to outlive me.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Good deal! Should hit 1 million in no time!

·
Registered
55 Posts
No Emissions DEF makes a huge difference I second 900k on 1 set of injectors ! I have seen a couple trucks with 400k with one set but the owners added fuel conditioner every tank and no major modes got them there .

·
Registered
535 Posts
None of the federal LB7s have emissions and I still have never heard of an LB7 going anywhere near 900k on 1 set, most people are lucky to get 200k on a set.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just sold my '02 last month. It had 440k on the clock and only 1 set of injectors changed at 199k miles. Was running good when i sold it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I just sold my '02 last month. It had 440k on the clock and only 1 set of injectors changed at 199k miles. Was running good when i sold it.
You think it will go another 500k miles on those injectors? I would bet money against it. That's what it would take to equal what the OP is saying.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought this Duramax in 2002 for a tech who complained about his gas pickup. I told him he had to drive it 5 years, it's now 18 years old and has 900,000 miles. One set of injectors, countless minor repairs, nothing of significance. We have been told several times the transmission is bad and the codes require changing it. Last time was about 250,000 miles ago. He goes from Conneticut to North Carolina to repair equipment. Everything is stock, it's the way the factory made it.
Man that’s awesome. I absolutely love my 02 and it only has 131k. Hope it outlives me

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have 347,000 on my LB7. On my 3rd set of injectors. Just over 10,000 hours. 900,000 miles means approximately 30,000 hours. Holy Crap. Almost 3-1/2 years sitting behind the wheel.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
What Oil brand and oil Filters? How often you change oil ? Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts