Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I need your help! 2004 duramax 2500HD 4X4 6.6 lly, this weekend started ok as it should and has with no problems. Today, started no problems for a thirtytwo mile trip to Lowes. Finished shopping, went to start and it spinned longer than it has ever as for about 6 seconds with no start. Waited a few seconds, started again and it started and ran for 4 seconds and died never to be started again. Waited and tried to re-start again but nothing but spinning. Had to call for a tow to the dealership. Ouch! i thought maybe fuel pump! I keep my truck up-to-date on everything, fuel filter, oil & etc.

Any help from someone who has had similar problems or has suggestions would be very helpful. I know it's at the dealer but I don't want it to be major repairs. I have GM extended Warranty.

Thanks gentlemen, and too for this forum.

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. The batteries are good and strong and I have a good engine turn-over. Everything is stock except AirLift Bags. How would air get into the fuel system? Since the last fuel filter change, I have done some hard fifth wheel towing the NC mountains with no problems. If I would have had some time in the Lowes parking lot I would have pump primed the filter to see if that would have helped.

Oh well, I have heard some stories about these fuel pumps from this forum.

I will let you guys know what the dealer said.

Thanks and have a good rest of your weekend.

Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts