Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, joined a little while back, pretty new to the diesel community as this is my first but not new to turning a wrench. i have been able to coast through the installs of everything on my truck so far EXCEPT THIS. Installed the shift kit today and did not engauge when shifted into any gear. pulled back out to find the (BALLS) out of place. after a touch of vaselene, put back together,i didn't want to do it again so i double,triple checked all elec conns,black shift solenoid outside ribbed valve outside,holes drilled in right place for sure on plate!

After a restart and assuming i had no pressure before, I still cant get it to engauge r,d,m or1. Now getting codes {p0972shift sol A ctrl circuit range/perf} {p0700 trans ctrl sys err} {p0762 shift sol C stuck on}. Do i possibly have some sol's going out,everything moved freely upon install! i'm lost, any input would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Are you positive the shifter pin is in the correct place? (Drivers side of valve body)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it only went in one way.the pin went in at the top of the linkage, at the bottom arm bracket thing attached to vb. was across/in at the bottom linkage. it goes through all the gears,klunks a little when going into drive,with momentary movement then nothing. everything was lined up and checked/looked in place when i put it back in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it indicates all the right positions when i try to shift, ie. not indicating neutral @ dash when it klunks foreward in drive or anything like that.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
You have a disconnected wire.
What hes said^^. If trim valves are installed properly, look to the wiring, there should be about 8 or 9 connections to make.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i honestly don't know how but the solenoid on top had a broken clip, it looked ok until you tried to plug it in,it comes off when the fluid flows when the truck is running simple zip tie and all is up and running. thank you guys soooooooooooo much for the replies!!!!! i did the research and everything pointed to that, but i'm sure you can understand the quandry when i was sure it was plugged in!!! thanks again so much!!!

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
Man glad to hear that. #1 on my list is a Transgo Jr to be ordered tomorrow. Glad to hear all is OK with yours. Can't wait to see how you like it. :thumb

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just listen to what EVERYBODY else on the other posts put up for sure! was realitively easy, just went slow & took my time ,quadruple check everything, the transgo instructions have a stupid copyright symbal in place for the balls, and that kinda threw me off having never done this before but read carefully and go slow if your not familiar with doing tranny work! Also i had those codes and the ck.eng. light on for about 40 miles til i got home,they would not clear!!!I was worried about them til i got back in the truck a couple hours later turned it on, no lights no codes!! drove perfect from the get go, no stalling,hangups or problems whatsoever. Hope the drive to wk. tomorrow and then on goes as well! Hope you have good luck 06ccdmax!!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Glad u got it fixed. I have installed 10 or so tgo jr's and have had good fortune on all but 1, and it turned out to be an improperly machined trim valve, and Transgo replaced it with another kit. A great trans mod for cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts