Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't given all the details but am hoping for some insight before I get deep. I have only worked on Internationals and Frieghtliners, mainly larger trucks in the long haul range. I was asked to look at a '93 3500 6.5L 2WD, and thats all he gave me to go on.

According to friend truck has issues going over 55mph period. He took it in and was told the trans gets its computer signals from the engine through the temp sensor, which was one attempted replace to fix issue, so truck can upshift. They have replaced his computer and have tested his transmission with outside computer controll and it works fine. And yes this info is all he gave me to go on, seriously it is.

Friend has taken his truck multiple times to dealerships and none have been able to help him, so he tells me. All the information given to me about the transmission problem is from him, I have yet to go deep and would like a little advice from those more indepth on such issues before hand.

The dealership told him to look for 5V ref signal some where in the circuit. I have an idea on where to start by starting at the begining of circuit and moving towards trans until the signal has interferance or dies out and starting from there. I don't have access to any service info on this make and am hoping for some possible "been there, done that" info to help out.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's my problem, what you read above is all he gave me to go on. He didn't tell me what sound the truck makes if the RPM remains high or low, didn't even tell me the basic stuff. He only gave me the problem's over view.

l am pretty confused to about it which is why I was hoping maybe some one experienced this or a similar issue go I have a few more ideas on possible causes in that type of truck.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts