Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just installed torsion keys and 2.5 inch blocks on my 98 chevy 6.5 1500. Made some spacers for the rear shocks but nothing for the front. The keys i got were some cheapos from suspension max. Right now the adjustment bolts for the keys are hardly even tightened. My problem is im not impressed with how stiff this thing rides now. Im thinking its just the keys i bought. Also the top A-arm is very close to bottoming out, just wondering how this compares to you guys with other keys out there. Thanks, Jake

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It raised the truck just about 3 inches and i havent even tightened the adjustment for the keys yet. I checked it again and its definatly bottoming the top a-arm. Gonna try putting the old keys in tonight and cranking them up, since i cant lower it at all with these keys.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I put the stock keys back in and cranked them up to give me about 2 inches of lift, and every thing is great now. I'll have to call the place i bought the keys from and ask them some questions. But im gonna leave the stock keys in since i dont need aftermarket one anyway.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts