Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m in a pickle right now on what truck I want to keep and get rid of. Currently I have a 2008 duramax which I have had for a little over a year now and it has given me 0 problems. I bought it with 180k miles and it’s all deleted and in great condition other than basic maintenance that needs done. I bought it for 16k at the time and it is tuned and all the good stuff besides a lift pump because I don’t feel like I need one for the way I drive it because I don’t flog it everywhere I go.

The 2002 powerstroke f350 I just bought for 5k in a non-running condition was because a valve cover gasket that wasn’t plugged in to a wiring harness. $70 fix that turned the 5k truck into a 17k truck. It runs amazing now and the guy I bought it from was telling me it was stock and it was buried in trash when I purchased it and when I ended up getting underneath the hood and under the whole truck this machine was far from stock. It has airbags for towing. Ats turbo. Cold air intake. All the piping hoses that run from the turbo to the cooling system. Upgraded transmission pan and rear dif cover and a tranny cooler with a banks tuner which is eh. Not a huge fan of it. Probably more things I am missing on it. The truck has 180k on it and keep in mind this is a 7.3 powerstroke and oh also the injectors are replaced too and it is straight piped. The Chevy no doubt has much more power and looks is a preference to people. Which one would you guys sell or keep? Try to not be biased. I honestly think the Ford will outlast the Chevy and don’t plan on hauling super heavy stuff. Just a 26ft toy hauler.

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,985 Posts
I agree with your decision to sell whichever one will fetch more money on the used market and sell the quickest. If you can't justify keeping both, sell the one that is worth more.

Although, I personally would have a difficult time keeping a Ford over a Chevy. But that's fanboi stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts