Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for you guys. 2002 lb7 just put 30% over injectors, resurfaced head, port and polish, ARP studs, fass 220gph lift pump and cometic MLS gaskets on. Could not get it to prime or build much pressure at the rails. I can see what looks like fuel dripping out of the head during cranking on the pass. Side right above the starter. First question if the gasket did not seal properly and I have to put new in will I need new arps. I have pre stretched they as instructions just wondering if they would cause an issue if reused. Second question is what could have cause they gasket not to seal. I don't think it could have moved at all during installation but I don't know. Any ideas on how I could reseal it if at all possible thanks

·
Registered
339 Posts
ARP studs are re-useable. Why did you use Cometic head gaskets? I haven't heard much good about them. Stick with stock gm grade C gaskets.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
39 Posts
is it coming outa the lower valve cover? mine did that when i did head gaskets and studs as well, ended up takin it back apart and re did return line seals and seemed to make it stop. not sayin its your issue. also can check ur oil see if its getting over full so u can tell if its getting into ur motor

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Might sound dumb, but are you sure it's not coming out of the rubber boot that seals around the injector on the upper valve cover? This can/will leak, and drip just enough to appear to be coming out of the head. If its leaking from the head gasket, wouldn't that create a loss of compression? If so maybe do a compression check on two or three cylinders near the leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.