Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my 07 classic bodystyle is producing a large volume of water running off the condenser after operating the heater or A/C. Continues dripping several hours after operation leaving large puddle of water under the truck. Heater and A/C seem to perfrom just fine, is this normal? Never had a vehicle produce this kind of water volume before.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
the condenser by the radiator or are you talking about the accumulator on the firewall?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appears to be the accumulator on the firewall based on where I see the water coming from. Assumed it was a condenser, my bad..

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Mine leaks a ton after its been running for a while. Never caused a problem.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Pretty sure its normal. You're cooling a pretty big cabin that has a lot of glass are to let sunlight in. Mine makes a lot of water in the summer as well.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
doesnt sound like there is anything wrong. as long as its working fine and getting cold enough dont worry about it.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
It means its working. Actually it's called an evaporator core. What AC does is remove moisture/humidity along with heat from air.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The unit is working as normal.

High humidity areas will flow more water from the evaporator. Areas that have a dry climate-- not so much.

When you operate the defrosters, that also operated the AC, so you will see more water from that. That cycle helps keep the windows clear in cool weather.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts