Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a clicking/chirping noise coming from what seems to be near the IP cluster when the A/C is on during really hot weather. I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado 3500 Series Dually with the Duramax. I need to figure this out because it's driving me nuts! Thanks in advance for any tips or help with this.:confused:

Erwin

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
Do you have the automatic climate controls? (digital) If so, it is probably something with that. I had the same problem on a car that had that stuff in it. There is some sort of flapper/valve behind the dash that flutters. I have heard that the sierras/silverados do it too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, yes, I do have the automatic climate controls. I'm going to remove the cluster trim bezel this weekend, to see if I can pin point the source of the noise.

Erwin

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
I can't remember if GM has a fix for this, but I do remember reading about it since I had that problem on a car that I had. I didn't keep it long enough to take it in to get it looked at though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know this thread is sickly old, BUT im getting the same clicking/chirping noise within the past few days and i've seemed to be running the AC more often than not here the past few days, BUT when i've been hearing it i have had the AC turned off with the windows down so that I can hear it make the noise. Really irritating noise for me for sure though,...its got me thinking that its a wheel bearing or a brake problem or somethin of the likings. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts