Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week my intermediate steering shaft came loose, it was installed wrong but the steering wheel spun and broke the wiring to the steering wheel and air bag. I had the wiring fix but now the drivers side a/c vent only blows hot. Yesterday i drove the truck from maine to maryland with duck tape on the drivers vents to keep it cool for my friends one month old. The shop that fixed it said they had nothing to do with it. Could there just be something loose or is there another problem. i dont use the a/c but i would like to get it fixed. any ideas

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
I know EXACTLY what is up!!One of the four actuators are broken...There is a thread where I explained step by step how to fix them,and how to remove the dash [if necessary,the one above glove box necessitates dash removal,easy though]to get to them.If you attempt to repair them I can give pointers on it if you need.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Drivers side actuator. Located just right of the center console in passenger side floorboard, underneath the black plastic shroud thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts