Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get some leveling keys for my truck in the near future and I was going to get shock extensions as well. Then I realized I could just as easily make them since I have metal at my disposal. Does anyone have a set laying around that they can take some measurements of? I read a post where a guy used 3/4 steel, but that seems a little overkill.

Next questions. From the info I've read, I should be able to level my truck with stock keys. I have mine maxed out and it was still at least 2" lower than the rear (rear is stock). Someone's told me in the past to use longer bolts to get the extra lift, but that doesn't sound safe to me. What's everyone's opinion?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Use 1.5 inch spacers

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I'm looking to get some leveling keys for my truck in the near future and I was going to get shock extensions as well. Then I realized I could just as easily make them since I have metal at my disposal. Does anyone have a set laying around that they can take some measurements of? I read a post where a guy used 3/4 steel, but that seems a little overkill.

Next questions. From the info I've read, I should be able to level my truck with stock keys. I have mine maxed out and it was still at least 2" lower than the rear (rear is stock). Someone's told me in the past to use longer bolts to get the extra lift, but that doesn't sound safe to me. What's everyone's opinion?

Thanks!
What year is your truck???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts