Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1) Yesterday I noticed a small pool of water under my truck at the rear of the right fender. First thing that popped in my head was "this is not good". After looking around I noticed that there is a hose dripping water under the fuel filter, so I'm guessing this is the overflow hose????? I hope so.

2) I'm getting ready to get a new mouthpiece made by AFE. I would just buy the GM piece, but i don't want to Fu** anything up on the modifications. My question is, how better fuel mileage will I get. I currently get about 14.5, so anything will be better than that.

3) Will turbo back exhaust help out with fuel mileage also??? I'm not really into getting a programmer, because the truck has so many miles on it. I want to leave well enough alone and not much more HP.

4) What is a DPF delete?

5) What is a realistic fuel mileage after an exhaust and MP mod with an aftermarket air filter (not CIA)?

Also any additional advice will be appreciated!!!!:drink

·
Registered
338 Posts
1. the water is just A/C it is normal
2. i did not reallly see any mpg increases but it does lower egt and spool quicker
3. an exhaust will give you a little better mpgs

·
Registered
506 Posts
^^^^what he said^^^^ the water is normal the mouthpeice prolly wont give you much mpg, but your engine will be alot happier and exhaust will net you alittle mpg

·
Registered
506 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^^what he said^^^^ the water is normal the mouthpeice prolly wont give you much mpg, but your engine will be alot happier and exhaust will net you alittle mpg
How do you like your EFI live? I'm not much on getting a programmer, but I see people on the forum seem to like EFI live.

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
if you are looking at getting a programer i would get efi live. dont mess around with the other box programers

·
Registered
506 Posts
How do you like your EFI live? I'm not much on getting a programmer, but I see people on the forum seem to like EFI live.
LOVE IT!!!! Had a quad s2 before...got efi from idahorob with a couple tunes he built for me and it is handdown better than the quad!!!! egt's are cooler, shifts smoother and runs awesome, highly recommend it:rockin

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you are looking at getting a programer i would get efi live. dont mess around with the other box programers
LOVE IT!!!! Had a quad s2 before...got efi from idahorob with a couple tunes he built for me and it is handdown better than the quad!!!! egt's are cooler, shifts smoother and runs awesome, highly recommend it:rockin
That is what I have been seeing on the forum. Alot of people like them. I looked at there site last nite.

·
Registered
506 Posts
That is what I have been seeing on the forum. Alot of people like them. I looked at there site last nite.
It's kinda complicated...but well worth the money!!!! Just start messing alittle at a time with it and it's not bad. If you arent gonna build any tunes you could also call Rob and buy a pretuned ecm with dsp2 or dsp5 switch. But like i did..if i were you spend the litle extra and get the whole thing.then you can read/clear codes too!! Efi live is has endless possiblities and Rob would build you some great tunes from dd to towing to all out power!!:drink

·
Registered
506 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would highly recommend that you look at Signature Custom Tuning for your economy needs.
Is this ENER-vative tuning thing? A work sheet came up when I googled it.
Is this you guys?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
BTW if you have the truck on defrost it will leak water is if the AC is on...........

so even tho its warm air if you have it on defrost it will leak its normal

1 - 20 of 23 Posts