Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I decided to Change all the fluids on the truck, put some cognito torsion keys on with new 285s, towing mirrors. What do ya guys think?

here it is before:

Now:

·
Registered
182 Posts
looks alot better. i have the same old mirrors you had and hate them. how hard was the swap? you do have to pull off the door panel for the power plugs right?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
looks alot better. i have the same old mirrors you had and hate them. how hard was the swap? you do have to pull off the door panel for the power plugs right?
yes, it will take you about 30 minutes to do both sides. Very easy process. Regretfully GM decided to get quasi-stupid and put the connector in the middle of the door after the lb7 series trucks lol. Dunno why.

Truck looks good man, exhaust tip looks a little large w/ that size tires, might just be the angle however.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks good, did u add blocks to the rear?
Nope, just the 2" cognito keys, im pretty happy with it, didn't realize how much higher it would sit with the tires and keys haha.

The mirrors weren't to bad, did have to take apart the doors but well worth it

can't stop :D hahaha

·
Tennessee Smokin'
490 Posts
Much much better. Those mirrors always make a hell of a difference IMO

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Nice man. Looks alot better.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
looks way better man! :drink

·
Registered
74 Posts
how much did you get those mirrors for if you dont mind me asking ... i have a set of towing mirrors on my truck but they are junk aftermarket and i really like those ones the best

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey sorry I can't remember, i want to say around 400$, they're after market, they don't have turn signals but besides that you can't tell the difference

how much did you get those mirrors for if you dont mind me asking ... i have a set of towing mirrors on my truck but they are junk aftermarket and i really like those ones the best

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks great. Big difference.

Kinda gives me an idea of what my 05 would look like with just the keys. Did you have to do the shock extender brackets too? So the back is totally stock and tire fit no problem right?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yup i got the cognito keys and shock extenders, the rear is stock and it fits with no problem and no rubbing.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
looks nice

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey man got a question. What size/kind of tires did you have on this truck at this time when you had it leveled with stock rims?

ps. badass truck!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bf goodrich a/t and they were 33's (285s)

Hey man got a question. What size/kind of tires did you have on this truck at this time when you had it leveled with stock rims?

ps. badass truck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts