Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
needing more money
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i've searched but came up with nothing with pictures for a 2007+ long bed with the A.R.E. Z-series camper shell or truck cap (or whatever you call it). Just picked up a RC/LB and think instead of the usual line-x which i've done on my other tow duramaxes i'd go the truck cap/bed rug route. I have a move coming up in 2 months and the cap would be additional lockable storage in addition to my 24ft car hauler. Plus in my 4yrs in the Marine Corps i've moved 6 times(not complaining) so i have a feeling the cap will come in use after this move. Here are some picks of the new LML.

·
needing more money
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody???

·
needing more money
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still looking for a z series top just don't want to spend 2400 before I see how it looks. Searches on google and this site didn't yield anything

·
Premium Member
2,380 Posts
It's a pain . . . but, here's what to do. Go to ARE's website & find the dealers in your area. Call them and ask about their inventory.

With a little luck, one of two things will happen. You find a new one that they really want to sell or a used one that, for whatever reason, came in on trade.

Tom's Camperland is the dealer here in Tempe (AZ) and sometimes I walk through their lot if I'm over that way. Once in a while, there's a deal to be had.

·
needing more money
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks never thought to do that. Been looking for a used one for a while but no luck. Just don't know if it would look goofy on a reg cab.

·
Premium Member
2,380 Posts
I think it would look pretty good. My ARE shell is fairly squared off at the back, but a little forward rake wouldn't hurt.

Do you remember when Snug-Top was selling the 'Top Gun' model?
It had a lot of curve in it. Here's a pic:
SnugTop_Top_Gun_SW_Chev.jpg

·
needing more money
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I remember that top. The z series is a little more slanted in the back but have only seen them on short beds and other brands like Toyota tundra long beds so just want to see before I plop down cash. Snug tops are nice but they don't make the model i want for a gmc long bed only the Chevy and the bed widths are different.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am selling a used a.r.e 8 ft. cap. It has tool boxes on the one side and has barn doors on the back. It is the dcu series. 800.00 b/o if intrested

1 - 8 of 8 Posts