Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else seen what the AF is doing for E-3 Stone? He is getting a Purple Heart and Airman's Medal, and they are bumping him 2 pay grades. The SECAF and CSAF decided making a 28 month time in service airman an NCO was the right choice for his actions. I'm not taking anything away from what he did, but there is no way they should bump him like that.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
In the Kelly interview, stated their actions stemmed from trying to save their own lives, not others around them, and not the whole train. Hero status never entered their minds. I'm proud of their accomplishments and God certainly had a hand in the primer misfire, but the World's reaction is a bit overboard, isn't that what every American would do? I would be ashamed if it is otherwise.

Registered
I agree, the purple heart I can kinda, kinda see. (sorta degrades the award for others in combat, but he was fighting a terrorist)
But NO way should get bump in grade, especially 2 making him an NCO. Give em the award for civilian bravery thing and move on. That is the way every American man should react, but sadly I think a small minority actually would.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts