Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the stuff to do my dpf delete. I crawled underneath the truck today to spray all bolts and sensors with penetrating oil. While doing it I saw that 2 of the 3 bolts by the muffler was gone and the gasket was blown out. (shown in Pictures) It dont bother me to bad. Just less I have to do when taking it off. But now my question is there anything else I need to check that common on the lmms before I loose the warranty? Brackets, lines, .....etc

thanks

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have never seen anything like that before. On my truck, I had some seepage between the motor and transmission, a light oil, so I took it in. The tech said it was normal. I cleaned it up and did a PCV reroute, and it hasn't come back since.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
No should be fine, put the exh. And run er'.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
my truck did the same thing w/ the stock exhaust.

word of advice though.... skip the penetrating oil and go straight to the sawzaw.

makes life a lot easier

and more fun

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
:jason::jason:

word of advice though.... skip the penetrating oil and go straight to the sawzaw.

makes life a lot easier

and more fun
:jason:

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
The pic was a little scary when I saw it. Then I read the rest of the post. YOu should be Ok to Void the warranty. Mine has run DPF free and problem free for nearly 50k.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

makes life a lot easier

and more fun
I was going to just cut it but have you seen what the stock exhaust on these have been selling for? I have seen a lot of people putting wanted ads out for dpfs. I'll Probley try to unbolt it and throw it in the rafters.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
I was going to just cut it but have you seen what the stock exhaust on these have been selling for? I have seen a lot of people putting wanted ads out for dpfs. I'll Probley try to unbolt it and throw it in the rafters.
I would. I have sold the stock cat from My LBZ and the DPF and cat for the LMM. I have got more out of them than I have in the aftermarket exhaust for both the trucks.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Yes. but selling them, you are just selling them to scrappers who take it to a scrap yard and get the metals inside the cat/dpf.

so you can cut right before/after the cat/dpf and toss the extra piping (you won't get any for that anyways)

as long as you don't cut THROUGH the cat/dpf

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
I sold both mine to members here who bought used trucks with exhausts on them. They had to return them to stock in order to register it in thier state.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
I listed mine twice on ebay and it never sold. But I ended up selling it to a member here who owned a used car dealership and needed a DPF to be able to sell the truck. Got $300 shipped for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts