Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day i deleted my stock fuel filter housing since doing this iv had problems
1.) will not rev past 2300ish rpm with the petal to the floor
2.) when pulling a trailer i fell like I've lost 1/2 my power
3.) when I put the truck back together had wife start the truck so I could check for leaks truck acted like a run away went up to 2500rpms with no throttle when she killed the truck motor bucked really bad and turbo barked bad
4.) keep getting a message to change fuel filter any way to get rid of that??
Please help me i use this truck for work and I need it working properly

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whole housing ran 1/2" fuel line

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^how did I know that was coming lol

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'm in

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The only way the engine will "Run-Away" is with extra fuel in the intake. What did you do to have the extra fuel-?? Clean the filter with gas-?

If the FASS filters are good-- check the fuel lines at the side of the trans--

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only way the engine will "Run-Away" is with extra fuel in the intake. What did you do to have the extra fuel-?? Clean the filter with gas-?

If the FASS filters are good-- check the fuel lines at the side of the trans--
I think you misread something

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had 1 code when it revved up gave the code to Konahoss on here waiting to hear back from him

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The other day i deleted my stock fuel filter housing since doing this iv had problems
1.) will not rev past 2300ish rpm with the petal to the floor
2.) when pulling a trailer i fell like I've lost 1/2 my power
3.) when I put the truck back together had wife start the truck so I could check for leaks truck acted like a run away went up to 2500rpms with no throttle when she killed the truck motor bucked really bad and turbo barked bad
4.) keep getting a message to change fuel filter any way to get rid of that??
Please help me i use this truck for work and I need it working properly
The fuel filter message will show when there is a restriction in the fuel system-! [Plugged filters-- restricted lines-- sucking air] These conditions will also affect the power-! What did I misread--?? :rolleyes:

Pull the hose off where the filter used to be-- [engine off] turn on the FASS pump, turn the pump on and watch for flow-. should be a steady stream.

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Flows still good i checked that

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
What is lift pump pressure set at? Does the LML do stupid things like the LLY with to much inlet pressure. Full fuse on lift pump to test this I guess. Where I would start.

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Never messed with pressure just got it from fass and installed never tampered with i stay in the bay when my trucks getting worked on

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
But you removed a restriction.

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
check the flow, proper pressure? Any kinks in the line?

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I found a slight kink in line not sure if thats the problem but gonna try and find a u shaped hose tomorrow thats pre formed

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
:coffee

Or...

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:coffee

Or...

Ok so I'm gonna drive to Austin tomorrow lol I'm stealing that from you tried bending a copper tube like that today and that śhit was not happening

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Truck is fixed had to make a u out of copper tubing had a local ac shop seal it up with flex free soder and installed it truck is running great now

1 - 20 of 20 Posts