Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had the c0035 code for about two years now and I'm finally sick of dealing with it. I installed two new moog hubs about two years ago and nothing changed. Last weekend I installed a new acdelco wheel speed sensor on the driver side and again the next day the code was back. I also have a PCM 0670 but I've just been ignoring it because I've had zero issues at startup so I figured a glow plug module can wait. Then theres also a UNK U1000 and I'm not too sure what thats for. I have never had a cel or abs light on my truck, 243,000 miles just completely rebuilt the front end two months ago and installed arp studs and all new gaskets last year. The truck is an 05 with efi live from duramax tuner. If anybody could point me in the right direction or has any other ideas as to what the problem could be that would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
There should be more digits to go with C0035 that further define the problem. Find that, and then look at the definition and test criteria, maybe get a subscription to ALLDATADIY.COM or similar service. There is a lot of information available there that will help you solve your problems. Since you have replaced the hubs and a wheel speed sensor, the problems must be elsewhere in the circuit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as i know the code is only for the left wheel speed sensor. Kind of scratching my head, tired of the brakes pulsing as I come to a stop. Checked the wire and didnt see any issues there either. Anybody else have any ideas?

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
DTC Descriptors
DTC C0035 02

• Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Short to Ground
DTC C0035 05

• Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Short to Battery or Open
DTC C0035 0F

• Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Erratic
DTC C0035 18

• Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Signal Amplitude Below Minimum

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I'm using my autocal to read codes. What can I use to get more descriptive codes?
Stop by your local parts store and ask them to read the codes stored in your truck, the complete C0035 code. Yes, you know it's the left front sensor that is out of spec, but what you don't know is exactly what you are looking for, i.e. short to ground, , battery, etc. You can figure this out without reading the code by doing manual testing, but it's much simpler just to find out what the problem is by using the code scanner at your parts store.

Take some time and look on Youtube for videos concerning brake sensor problems. My favorite channel is South Main Auto, who explains what he is doing and how and why. Others may provide good information also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts