Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had a bad hub bearing from a growling noise, and when applying brakes when truck is just rolling slowly I could feel pulsating in pedal like ABS.
I replaced the front left hub and removed ABS sensor on right wheel to check it and the plastic cover on sensor stayed in hub and coiled wire on sensor came out. Thinking that was the pulsating cause I put my old sensor from left wheel onto right but still pulsates.
No lights on dash.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
How do you know which sensor is at fault? It might be the one you moved - it was already 'bad' and you moved it to the right and it is still 'bad'. Must be more to the story.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you know which sensor is at fault? It might be the one you moved - it was already 'bad' and you moved it to the right and it is still 'bad'. Must be more to the story.
I assumed the right was bad since it pulled out in pieces.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
But what of the other sensor that you replaced and moved to the right side? Maybe that one was bad? The new sensor with the new hub could be at fault, and/or the one you transferred may be at fault. Something isn't working and you have 2 sensors. Or their circuits.

In any case, you need to test each sensor to see which sensor or sensors are not giving the correct information. That's really the only way to find our where the problem is.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But what of the other sensor that you replaced and moved to the right side? Maybe that one was bad? The new sensor with the new hub could be at fault, and/or the one you transferred may be at fault. Something isn't working and you have 2 sensors. Or their circuits.

In any case, you need to test each sensor to see which sensor or sensors are not giving the correct information. That's really the only way to find our where the problem is.
I guess that’s what i will be doing next, I think I saw somewhere on here how to test them.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Had a very similar problem back in early 2000's. Make sure you clean under the abs sensor for rust and debris. The air gap will cause your problem with no codes. GM came out with a recall for this problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts