Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the last snow storm, my ABS light came on. I pulled codes from the computer and there were no codes at all.

Any help on what direction to start is appreciated. I am wondering abotu speed sensors / maybe a wire was broken during the storm.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Is the light still on? Was the truck in 4x4 when it came on?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
also, were you spinning your tires a lot? It will do that if it sees your tires are spinning for a long time...i have gotten mine to come on when playing around on ice. If its still not on, dont worry about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was in four wheel but I was not spinning a lot. It has gone off a few times but it comes back on pretty quickly.

I did replace the wheel bearings in the front not too long ago. So I would hope it is not the hub assembly.

Is there a speed sensor in the rear?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I don't think there is one in the rear, but I'm not positive.
I would check the sensors on the wheel bearings, make sure they didn't come loose from either the bearing, or the connection on the frame. Also Check to make sure the wire didn't rub through somewhere. If it got routed wrong when you changed the bearings, it mave have either got pinched or rubbed against the tire and broken the wire.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
where did you get the hub? If you didnt get a timken or an OEM one, it is most likely the speed sensor on that side. Also look at the wiring really closely on the truck side. had a problem with the ex-wife's car and the wiring was screwed up...not the sensor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be checkign the wheel bearings and sensors on the front on my first day off.

Thank you all for the help.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts