Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a on going problem my ABS light keeps turning on and turning off. I put my truck on jack stands to see if my wheel bearings are bad they appear fine, i pulled sensors on both sides to inspect the hall effect sensor to look for filings of metal, sensors appear fine. the ABS light comes on i get four chimes through the speakers and the light goes off, it is happening everyday now, random times too, i happens more often when it rains, not so much when its dry outside? i replaced one wheel bearing and new sensor a few months ago, the other wheel bearing seems fine. i inspected the excitor rings through the sensor port to look for water dirt metal etc etc. i see a clean excitor rings on both sides. im out of ideas of diagnosing here where else can i look? like i said before NO DTC's appear :help

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also i forgot to mention the ABS kicks in at random during braking

·
Registered
292 Posts
maybe a messed up sensor or wheel bearing on its way out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
wheel bearings were replaced at a dealership 14 months ago, i think a new sensor was replaced and a old sensor was used on the other bearing, i had rotors and calipers off and used a 3 foot pry bar on both hubs to look for play i was moving the entire truck with pry bar, its not a wheel bearing. im confused, how can you diagnose a faulty sensor? is it a 5 volt signal? also cleaned sensors applied dielectric grease, cleaned and grinded down to new metal on frame at driver side for the ground connection, cleaned connections on ABS module. I need help i dont want to take it to a dealership again.

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
What are you using to check codes? If the abs light is on then there is a code. It will be in the abs module or the bcm. Unless you have an actual scan tool then you wont be able to see them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just checking with my CTS insight, but i have a EFI live scan tool, duh simple me... doing it right now!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
plugged in my EFI live scan tool pulled C0035, C0245. looks like the left front sensor is out of frequency, looks like im buying a sensor in the morning! I feel so stupid now for not using my EFI live! I thought the CTS insight covered all DTC's! sorry for making a big stink out of it when i had the resourses in front of me... maybe because its St Patricks day tryna enjoy my beverages too much... CHEERS!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts