Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Truck seat covers are up to 76% off right now on eBay. Click here for Black! Tan! Multi-coloured! even Camo!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving my 2020 2500 duramax to work lately and have notice the ac condensation runs down side of trans, drips off to skid plate then off from there. Is this normal for the new trucks or am I missing a drain hose? Any thoughts? Seems like a pour design. Attached a shitty picture of where water hits skid plate and ground, horrible picture lol
Tire Wheel Water Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
2,479 Posts
That is perfectly normal. The drain for the new ones is smack in the middle right above the bell housing/transmission case.

·
Registered
339 Posts
There is a fix.

attach a hose to it. But I have no idea how hard that would be.

also like the above poster said it could be part of cooling the transmission. Not super cool but maybe it helps?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right on. Thanks for the replies. I think it’s a poor design to have all that condensation running all over housing and then skid plates. I’ll have my mechanic take a look to see about adding a hose… one day

·
Registered
556 Posts
6 months of ownership and my wife just noticed it and asked
im more concerned that there is a rattle in the rear suspension and after 4hrs at the dealer it is no better, its not a squeak but a rattle like something is loose,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts