Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago i was driving to work in the morning and my ac was blowing nice and cool and i had only had my truck running about 5 minutes max and then it started blowing hot air. about lunch time that day i was talking to my father and he said it might be the fuse so i changed it and it worked fine from there. then about two weeks later i was driving to work in the morning again and drove for about 10 minutes and then it started blowing hot air again i didnt get a chance to check it until after work but it was blowing fine so i didn't really worry about it. this morning i was driving to work again and started blowing hot air again and i drove for about 20 minutes. i got to work and checked the fuse and it wasnt showing any power on the fuse and i changed it and that one didn't show. then i went inside and was talking to my co worker and told him and when we go back outside its got power and the ac is blowing fine and even putting the old fuse back in its getting power too. so know i dont know what it could be its only happend in the morning so far which is ok but i live in North Carolina and being summer time if it goes out that will be extremely miserable especially with all the humidity we have had lately.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
It surely would help if you told us what truck you had, 1996 or 2020?? Lots in between. Put it in your signature.
You need to figure out, by observation, if your compressor kicks off when the a/c starts blowing hot. alternately, it could be caused by something under the dash in the HVAC control unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts