Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting on my nerves, the AC on my truck refuses to work after the trucks been wet, once it dries out she blows ice cold all day everyday but for some reason the rain is her kryptonite any ideas?

Edit: Its the truck thats in my sig. has the dual zone digital climate controller.

Whoever comes up with the correct solution is getting PayPaled a 12 pack on me! :drink:neener

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so I suppose no one wants a case of beer? boo haha

Anyway just to give more info on this issue, Still have not found a cure. It ONLY happens when the truck gets wet. I've wash it 2 times since my first post both on beautiful sunny days I checked to see if the AC was working before hand (and in both cases it was) then after I rinse the car down to wash it It stops working, on both occasions it always takes a minute it seems like for the water to reach whatever its hitting thats cause the malfunction. I'm not sure how to go about trouble shooting this! anyone have an Idea on where to start?

Also I thought it might be the Outside temp sensor causing the issue so I relocated it to a better spot free from any possible water and also split the loom and traced the wires to make sure I had no exposed wires and taped it back up nice and water tight. This still did not cure my issue though

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Check the system for proper charge first. Then check the high pressure switch.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Check the system for proper charge first. Then check the high pressure switch.
It will blow ice cold all day and night as long as it don't get wet. Its working right now but If I go outside and spray it down with the hose it will stop working. Could water have an effect on these? how to I check the high pressure switch?

Ive got an appointment to get it aligned this week I'm going to have the levels checked then.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It could be a faulty thermostat controller. Another is the temp sensor.
Temp is normally always within 5-8 degrees of actual outside temp so unless there is another sensor im not seeing I think its ok. Its the one I split the loom and traced for any breaks in the wire and re-taped everything water tight.

Also updated the first post truck has the digital dual zone climate control.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just wanted to update this to see if this sound right, Last week the original 190K mile alternator finally gave up on me after giving me the message on the dash for not charging. I replaced it and all is well there.

funny thing happened though after replacing the alternator, I took the truck to the car wash and had it washed and BAM the AC still worked (normally this would cause it to cut out until it dried). The other day after it rain 2 days straight and the AC continued to work the whole time so my question is could replacing the failing Alternator cause the AC to start working normally? These trucks sure do some funky things when battery voltage isn't 100%.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts