Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn my AC on the passenger side works fine, but the driver's side only blows hot air, even when set at 60 degrees. Any ideas? A buddy of mine has an 05 duramax and he told me his just started having the same problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Hoseman,
I have the same problem as you, started today. But, mine is opposite, cool on drivers side, hot on passenger. I hope someone on this forum has some suggestions. If I find something I'll pm you. This is not going to go with the wife!

Andy

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sounds like a blend door gone bad to me. I've had to replace them before on vehicles.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Mine once with ac on was blowing hot air, so i shut it off an drove with the windows down. Had to make a stop an shut truck off, got back in an turned ac on, haven't had a problem since.

Wierd but idk. Hope you can get er figured out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Andrew...hope we can get it figured out, it's about to get hot in Cali! Moore, how difficult is the blend door to replace?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Andrew...I'm at work today and tommorrow, but I'm gonna try to do it today.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Glad I saw this...mine just started doing this 2 days ago. Must be a California thing, not only is our State broke, so are our AC's...:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, I tried the trick were you pull the HVAC/ECAS fuse under the hood. It did not work right away but after a few engine restarts and the next day I had a working system. Maybe it has to go through a few on/off cycles? Odd.

Andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts