Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys i have a problem thats fixen to drive me crazy. i have a 03 crew cab with a duramax allison. bout a month and a half ago my compressor would just turn off and would have to turn off the truck and let it sit for a minute turn it back on and it would work. i replaced the compressor, high pressure sensor, dryer, climate control, and evacuated the system and recharged it back to factory settings. since then it has blown ice cold with no problems. now its doing the same thing again. i was coming down the road with the control on 3 worked for about 15 min then started blowing warm air. turned the truck off and turned it back on and it worked again. also if i have the system on then turn it off the compressor will not kick back on. any ideas on what else it could be? thanks ahead of time

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
I was having problems with my a/c not working at idle and just not cooling well even when moving. Tried evacuating the system and re-charging it, that didn't help any. Compressor and all electrical components checked out. As a last ditch effort I pulled my stack out and was amazed at how much shit had built up between the radiator and intercooler. Had em both professionally cleaned inside and out and now my a/c works as it should and my engine fan doesn't run nearly as often. What was happening was the compressor was building up such high head pressure, due to the blockage, that it would actually cut off, thus blowing hot air. I had previously "cleaned" the stack with a water hose and thought it was "clean", boy was I wrong. Looked like birds were living in there. Pull the black plastic cover loose above the radiator and have a look. Hope this helps :drink

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
my truck was doing the same thing. i replaced the unit that has all the controls on it and havent had a problem since. i spent lots of money trying to fix it and a 100 bucks fixed it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
pulled the cover nothing but a few bugs but sprayed it off anyway. i have already replaced the controls with a brand new factory acdelco one last time and thats what fixed it. surely this one aint went bad to. if i crank the truck up with the ac set it will come on however if i crank it up then try turning it on the compressor will not kick on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts