Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the power accordion style towing mirrors. The passenger side does not extend. Drivers side is fine. Anyone have any ideas what to check or common problems?

Sent from my HTC Inspire with AutoGuide..

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
The motors in those mirrors are shit. Just they way they are. Constantly go out. It will be much cheaper in the long run to follow Tow Masters advice.. and, look badass at the same time :drink

·
Registered
320 Posts
sometimes if you fold the mirror in and out 3 times it will start working. Don't know why this happens, but I think its in the manual. If you fold it in, you have to fold it in and out 3 times to make it start extending and retracting again. Mine is broken from my wife hittin a fence pole with the mirror, so I ened up having someone pull on it, while I press the button. Thats an opton till you can get some new ones, if the folding trick doesn't work.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just sold the truck so just trying to fix it. Not upgrade. Got a set coming from a member on here for a $100. Thanks

Sent from my HTC Inspire with AutoGuide..

·
Registered
813 Posts
the drivers side on on one of our fleet trucks has done this. we found that it happens if you over retract the mirror. with a little nudge to get reextending and making sure the mirrors are just retracted all is fine....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts