Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone care to post their actual truck weight?

I have a CC/LB on order and am trying to figure how close the weight is compared to the curb weight listed by GM.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
my 2011 cclb 4x4 drw says 7950 and it weighed about 8300 when I first got it. no tool box no bedliner. just the difference in the oils and fuels I suppose

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
My 2012 crewcab short box 4x4 with a fiberglass cap weighs 8200 lbs

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
My truck with stock bed weighed 8500

·
Registered
665 Posts
With me in it - 3/4 tank of fuel, fifth wheel hitch in the box - 8050 lbs. My weight -185 lbs.

Things that add some weight:
Bed Rug bed liner, Luverne SS running boards, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 air bags, Reese Custom Base and Rail Kit, Husky 16,000 hitch.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm afraid my truck will be int he 7500 pound range. I need to get it to 7k or below.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Get a regular cab.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
GMT why below 7,000 ?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Mine weighed 7100 lbs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GMT why below 7,000 ?
Difference between $21 a day in tolls vs $60 a day in tolls (just to cross one bridge and one tunnel)

I need the LB for volume, not weight. I need the additional cab space for tools, work files , etc.

I didn't need the Dmax. I wanted it. (Even though in my honest opinion, the 6.0 is WAY to little motor for a truck of this size.)

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Difference between $21 a day in tolls vs $60 a day in tolls (just to cross one bridge and one tunnel)

I need the LB for volume, not weight. I need the additional cab space for tools, work files , etc.

I didn't need the Dmax. I wanted it. (Even though in my honest opinion, the 6.0 is WAY to little motor for a truck of this size.)
Sounds like you need a new 1500 with the 6.2L and 8 speed. 420HP.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
The 6.0 is a great engine and has plenty of power for a 3/4 and 1 ton truck. I do not understand why folks bash that engine. Is it as powerful as the Duramax? No, but it will do the same job for most Duramax owners. Towing near maximum a majority of the time would be better suited for the Duramax, but for general working, the 6.0 is a great, reliable engine. A base Corvette is not underpowered because it isn't a Z06 or ZR1.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I need an 8 foot bed. Can only get a 1500 series with 8 foot bed /reg cab. Reg cab is pretty useless for what I need the truck for.

On a side note, I bought my first 3/4 ton in '98. It was an extended cab with a 6 1/2 foot bed and the 7.4L big block. When I ordered it, dealer thought I was nuts. Kept telling me no one would ever want a 3/4 ton with a short bed. I rarely see long beds now.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Can't get a long bed with the crew cab on a half ton. In fact only a regular cab can get you a long bed. Have trucks really been so watered down to where cab space is focused on more than bed space? Ridiculous!

·
Registered
632 Posts

Do you just need to prove the weight once? Remove the spare, factory jack, extra battery, rear seats, hitch, empty washer fluid tank, etc. You can drop quite a bit with a little work and still look stock. You can remove the rear bumper in some states too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you just need to prove the weight once? Remove the spare, factory jack, extra battery, rear seats, hitch, empty washer fluid tank, etc. You can drop quite a bit with a little work and still look stock. You can remove the rear bumper in some states too.
Yes. This is why I wanted to start this thread. I wanted to get an idea of what average weight was for these trucks so that if I needed to put it on a diet I could.

I just need my registration to state 7000lbs. for EZ pass. After that it should not be a problem. Most my bed gets filled with is 2x4s and boxes etc. Its the volume of the bed I need, not the load capacity.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Can't get a long bed with the crew cab on a half ton. In fact only a regular cab can get you a long bed. Have trucks really been so watered down to where cab space is focused on more than bed space? Ridiculous!
Too many city boys think they need a truck but they cant park long box. Use to be only people that had trucks is people that actually needed them. Farmer rancher construction workers ect.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ha. Been parking a long bed in a city for a long time. :)

Thing a lot of people don't realize is for some of us the truck becomes our primary mode of transport. So during the week I may be filling the bed with 2x4s , but on the weekend my kids are in the back seat in the quad or canoe may be in the bed. As for cab space vs bed space, I like having both. Its nice to be able to keep bed open for hauling stuff than needs to go back there, but its also nice to pick up groceries and be able to toss them in the back seat instead of having them fly all over the bed.

I do agree with you though. Trucks have been watered down A LOT. Seems like half tons are basically cars now and you need to step to 3/4 just to get a truck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts