Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i tried to search on here and couldnt really find an exact answer to this problem. After i installed my ad ii 200 everything worked perfect but iv started goin through 2 amp fuses like crazy. anybody know what could be goin on? thank in advance guys.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
You are drawing too much power through said 2 amp fuse. Are you running it through your relay? Seems like it may be wired incorrectly? Power and ground should be connected directly to battery and then use a fuse tap to connect the signal wire for the relay. If wired correctly I'd say you may have a short or bad relay?

What are in the plans? Any specific reason you went with the AD2 200 instead of the 165? How much HP do you hope to hit?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes sir im pretty sure i wired it corectly. im goin through a accesory fuse. everyone is saying to use the ignition fuse. but my only concern about that is that is a 10 amp fuse for the ingnition and i though the ad had to have a 2 amp fuse.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
yes sir im pretty sure i wired it corectly. im goin through a accesory fuse. everyone is saying to use the ignition fuse. but my only concern about that is that is a 10 amp fuse for the ingnition and i though the ad had to have a 2 amp fuse.
Your AD should have a fuse tap, so it extends the bus and feeds your normal accessories through whatever fuse you remove and then feeds the AD through the 2 amp fuse. This is ONLY a trigger for the relay and should pull minimal amperage.

Can you take a picture of how you installed on fuse? This may be your issue.

Do you have a positive to the battery, a negative to the battery and the fuse tap to your fuse box under the hood?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohh i understand what your saying a little bit better now.. well i know its not the relay becuase i can put a new fuse in and it works fine. and yes i do have the hot and ground hooked up to the battery. and everything has been working fine for a couple months until just recently. and i can try to put up a picture ill just have to figure it out haha.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey this might be a stupid question but could the indicator wires be shorting out and cause the fuse to blow?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Yes, if you had a short, a bad relay or if it's wired wrong. To be honest, from your responses I'm guessing it may be wired incorrectly.

You can use photobucket to post pictures or email them to me [email protected].

Where do you live?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay i can deff get pictures emailed to you tomorrow. and i live in shallowater tx, its about 5 min out of lubbock tx if you know were that is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts