Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be installing a pro comp add a leaf on my truck tonight.. ive never put on an add a leaf, and it didnt come with any instructions, and i cant seem to find any instructions. i get the concept of the install but where exactly does the add a leaf go? does it go right above the first leaf? or in the middle of the pack? a write up would be very helpful if i could find one.

thanks!

·
Registered
215 Posts
hey man when I did the add leaf for my friends I place it under the first leaf in the initial spring pack. that way you still keep the tension in check. an use a C-clamp when you loosen the spring pack, those things aren't fun if they shoot off....

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine came with the actual add aleaf, a new center bolts, and new brackets for each leaf pack...i dont get what the brackets are for?

·
Registered
215 Posts
yes as it should come with all that and new U bolts too! the brackets are for the increase in spring perch, but if you allready have a lift kit installed just reuse the same bracket system.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a 5 inch block in the back. so basically i just clamp the leaf pack together. un- screw the center pin. put the new add a leaf under the leaf pack and above the bottom fat leaf and then just screw the new bolt in??

·
Registered
215 Posts
pretty much! quick break down for you
1. C-clamp spring pack
2. loosen an remove old U bolts
3. loosen center pin bolt in segments while unscrewing the C-clamp to relive pressure.
4. once all pressure has been relived remove C clamp and old center pin bolt
5. remove top 1 or 2 leafs from the pack and insert new add a leaf
6. install new center pin bolt an tighten once again injunction tighten the C-clamp
7. once fully tightened center pin bolt, install new u bolts with mounting hardware
8. remove C-clamp and enjoy your new ride height

1 - 7 of 7 Posts