Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on the '15s that the GMC's have a 3rd red marker light between the upper and lower bulbs, adjacent the reverse light, which gives more light off to the sides than the '15 chevy taillights. I added LEDs to the flat adjacent the reverse light. Bright as hell. Also added LED bulbs from VLEDS to replace the stock bulbs.

Can't even tell when lights aren't on without looking hard:

The said LEDs:

Spliced into harness with Heat Seal connectors and then shrink wrapped:

End results (reverse light not installed yet):

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
That's pretty cool! What lights did you tie them into? Just the running lights? Or do they illuminate (get brighter) with the brake and blinker too?

·
Registered
30 Posts
nice mod!! looks good!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's pretty cool! What lights did you tie them into? Just the running lights? Or do they illuminate (get brighter) with the brake and blinker too?
Thanks guys.

I tied them into the running lights. They don't blink with the signals. That could be done, but you would have to add more leds between them or somewhere else, perhaps the flat area closer to the cab in the same line, and tie them into the turn signal circuit only. These leds have small resistors wired into them so they can handle 12v, a spike in voltage (turn signal on) would only be resisted out by the resistor. It is a good thought, I don't wanna get to "ricey" though.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I agree. If I ever did anything like that, i would just do the running lights. It looks really clean

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Great idea!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts