Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever heard of or know anything about an additive called PRI-D?? i sold something to a ford diesel cargo van driver and he swears by this stuff but i had never heard of it in my life so i figured id ask you guys since I'm new to my diesel and only had it about a month. an in falls opinions and tests what is the best additive to run in my lb7??

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I have never heard of that one. I use stanadyne w/ nearly every tank full. Overkill? Maybe, but I have never had my fuel gel. It is more piece of mind for me.

·
Vendor
966 Posts
There's a thread somewhere on here about the best additive. XDP if I recall was the best in the testing. Truthfully its like anything find one you like and stick with it. Try a few out until over a couple of months and see what each one does. I use amsoil concentrate and additive and have been please.

I was watching American chopper and they built a bike for some diesel additive company and I thought about looking it up. Monster?? truthfully don't remember the name I'm sure they'll run it again.

Good luck.

·
Vendor
10,961 Posts
I have tried several including stanadyne, FPPF, Racor, Diesel Kleen and AMSOIL Fuel Concentrate. Had the best results from the AMSOIL products. Like Bigoldog said try some different ones to see what works best for you. Opti-Lube, Stanadyne, FPPF were among the best in the test he is referring to.

If I can help with anything in the future, please let me know.

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Stick with a top brand additive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts