Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got my first diesel and was wanting to know if i should be using add additives in fuel?or should i just use them in the winter?:help

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I use the PowerService Diesel Kleen with cetane boost all year long in every tank... we use it in the the big trucks so i use it in mine! the only speciall stuff I will use is Diesel 911... but only if my tank is pretty dam gelled up, and only a very little!

·
Vendor
184 Posts
The best "additive" for lubricity is bio-diesel and there are a few threads in this section regarding the pro's and cons of using it in the LMM's. I stopped running bio in my LMM because I still have the dpf. I am using an additive by Amsoil and I do get increased MPG's when I run it. This is what I run: AMSOIL - Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive

If you are interested in becomming a preferred customer to purchase any of the additives or engine oil, please let me know and I will set you up so you save ~25% off of what you see on the internet.

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
I use Amsoil Diesel Concentrate in my 05. It seems to do a great job of keeping my injectors clean and I get better mpg by about a 1/2 mpg when using it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The best "additive" for lubricity is bio-diesel and there are a few threads in this section regarding the pro's and cons of using it in the LMM's. I stopped running bio in my LMM because I still have the dpf. I am using an additive by Amsoil and I do get increased MPG's when I run it. This is what I run: AMSOIL - Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive

If you are interested in becomming a prefeered customer to purchase any of the additives or engine oil, please let me know and I will set you up so you save ~25% off of what you see on the internet.
How does this protect anything? It's only a performance additive right? Wouldn't the diesel concentrate be better? as it boost economy and adds lubricity to the fuel... Or both?

·
Vendor
184 Posts
How does this protect anything? It's only a performance additive right? Wouldn't the diesel concentrate be better? as it boost economy and adds lubricity to the fuel... Or both?
Yes the Diesel Concentrate can be used with Cetane booster together for great performance. I run the Cetane booster pretty much every tank and now that I've stopped running bio-diesel, I'm going to start using more of the Diesel Concentrate. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I use AMSOIL Fuel Concentrate and the Cetane booster in every tank. Truck runs GREAT!

I do the same. I use 1oz for every 5 gallons for the concentrate and .5oz for every 5 gallons for the cetane booster.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts