Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the best fuel additives, oils and that type of stuff i could use for better mileage, and to make the truck last a little longer? this is my first diesel so im not sure what is best.

·
Registered
419 Posts
there are several good choices, and as many opinions [email protected]#$%%les, there are many informative threads in the search bar

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
28 views and 1 comment?.... come on guys

·
Registered
434 Posts
Use amsoil.

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
These type of threads usually spawn e-riots but, I will tell you what I use:

Fuel additive: Opti-Lube XPD
Engine Oil: Mobil 1 full synthetic
Oil Filter: Mobil 1 synthetic media filter
Transmission spin on filter: Genuine Allison filter
Transmission Fluid: Soon to be either Mobil Delvac Syn ATF or Castrol TranSynd
Fuel Filter: Racor
Air Filter: AC Delco
Good luck, with whatever you decide to use.

·
Vendor
10,971 Posts
Setexan is right it is sure to stir the pot. Opinions very on whether Dyno or Synthetic oils are better. Personally I use synthetics throughout my truck to help ensure I am getting the most out of it.

A lot of guys will tell you change your oil every 5-7500 miles and don't worry about it. I don't believe in that. With dyno oil, it begins to break down very quickly after you start using it. When it breaks down, turn to sludge, varnish or vapor all of which don't help lubrication. Synthetics, being made from chemicals and not pulled from the ground hold their lubricating properties together better than dyno.

Now there are several good synthetics on the market. Personally I have been using AMSOIL for several years in my gasser and now my dmax plus everything else in my garage. AMSOIL offers a full line of high quality, extended drain products that will help with fuel economy for your truck. They also offer fuel additives and other products as well.

With the fuel additives, regardless of which ones folks say are the best, stay away from ones with alcohol in them. While they might clean things up, they are going to dry things out as well and with our injectors we don't need that. With the use of AMSOIL products in my truck, I have increased my fuel economy by 2-3 mpg depending on what I am doing with the truck at the time.

If you decide to go down the road of synthetics and would like some more information about AMSOIL, don't hesitate to PM me.

Take care,

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
These type of threads usually spawn e-riots but, I will tell you what I use:

Fuel additive: Opti-Lube XPD
Engine Oil: Mobil 1 full synthetic
Oil Filter: Mobil 1 synthetic media filter
Transmission spin on filter: Genuine Allison filter
Transmission Fluid: Soon to be either Mobil Delvac Syn ATF or Castrol TranSynd
Fuel Filter: Racor
Air Filter: AC Delco
Good luck, with whatever you decide to use.
Thats exactly what I use!

You might want to use a additive every once and a while. Like once every 10 fill ups to help keep the fuel system lubed up. Either use amsoil fuel additive or stanadyne.

Stanadyne is the best IMO :rockin

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts