Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Adjusting parking brake cable. Not the brakes. :frown2:

Parking brake shoes are fine and adjusted up properly, cable is loose. Pedal goes to the floor easily and pops back weakly when release is pulled.

There is no adjustment on the cable anywhere as any other Chevy that I have owned. No adjuster on cable. Can't say I have ever needed to adjust parking park before. 'dunno;

So far I have found tidbits of info regarding the parking brake pedal assembly having some type of auto adjusting ratchet mechanism inside of it. Anyone know how to make it adjust, because I can't make mine work. I sprayed WD40 all over the pedal assy moving parts and it moves better, but no adjustment. It looks like it is real pain to remove pedal assy.

Help me out please. Thank you guys!

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Parking Brake Cable Adjuster Enabling

Line art Auto part Line Joint Illustration

1. Hold the park brake pedal in the FULL upward position.

1. Pull rearward on the front park brake cable until the tension is released from the tool (1) installed in the pedal assembly.
  2. Remove the tool (1).
  3. Slowly release the park brake cable until it returns to its original position.
  4. Release the park brake pedal.
  5. Lower the vehicle.
  6. Apply and release the park brake pedal 3 times.

·
Registered
33 Posts
can this method be used someway to put slack in the cable....I'm replacing the e bake assembly and looking for a way to get some slack to remove the old and install the new assembly on a 2007 Classic Dually

1 - 3 of 3 Posts