Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of TYC Projector's that i had on my truck for a while.I took em out for now becuase the stock ones seem to shine better in my opinion. Maybe it's the adjustment's on the housing's themselves. I found that the stock housing's are brighter but more focused for some reason compared to other GMC's i'v been in. The projector's on the other hand shined a wider and more spread out, but seemed over all dimmer, but not blinding to other oncoming motorist's.

Wondering if anyone else has projector's on here that seem dim. How can i adjust these thing's so they shine nice and bright and far? I find i need to have m fog's on with my low's even around town and in city's just to b able to see the road properly. And yes, i have HID's.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had them for awhile no matter what I did they were never as bright as my stock housing so I gave up

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just did some reading up on google about TYC Projector housing's and apparantly their projector's are not good at all (Wish i new that a year ago).

Only problem with my factory housing's is that i cannot get them adjusted right. There really focused, and even if i get the low beams adjusted straight, the high beam's seem to aim weird, Driver's one aims towards the sky kinda, passenger one aim's straight kinda.

Maybe i messed something up when i took em apart to take out the reflector?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, I've had them in and out a few times and the pin's are in all the way each time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts