Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
‘05 LLY reg cab longbed (farm/hauler)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody,

thanks in advance for any info and input you guys may have.

To start out, I bought a salvage 05 regular cab LLY a year ago with a good motor and trans but the body was too far gone to save, just picked up a decent donor 6.0 truck for everything but the driveline and harnesses.

I’ve scoured the forums for the last year or so to try and get the feel for what I want to do for modifications, as the truck will just be a fun daily and a hay and equipment hauler.

Current plan:

General bulletproofing (trans lines, ps lines, harness rubs)

egr blocker

Turbo inlet horn

4” exhaust with muffler

EFI live from Kory Willis (mostly for the tow tunes and better stock tune)

Edge insight

Lift pump?

Transgo full kit?

Both trucks will have the bodies off during this and the lly and Allison will be out as well, so I was looking for a little input on how much benefit and reliability the lift pump and transgo kit will add to the build.

I’d like to say I’m quite handy but I’ve never had an automatic like the Allison apart. Just wanna make sure I’m on the right path here.

And here’s some pics so we can enjoy the piles they are as of now
Thanks again!
38267217-A5E8-4731-887A-AFEB1D69224F.jpeg
23E71CE9-60B1-4921-8F15-78B995E93FBF.jpeg

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
409 Posts
Looks like a nice project. I advise to swap over dash and all wiring from the dmax. It will make thing a lot easier in the long run.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
409 Posts
Also add a down-pipe to your list. It will be a lot easier to install with body off the frame. Add the Ratio Tech kit along with your trans-go also. Will have to split the trans from engine to do that kit tho but will be easy with what your doing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Nate, thanks for the input! The ratiotek site shows two different kits for the Ally, the A01 and the A11, would you suggest both? A bit confused on if they are separate kits or if there is overlap.
Edit: got it now, the A01 is the correct kit. I’ll add it to the build list!

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
409 Posts
Hey Nate, thanks for the input! The ratiotek site shows two different kits for the Ally, the A01 and the A11, would you suggest both? A bit confused on if they are separate kits or if there is overlap.
Edit: got it now, the A01 is the correct kit. I’ll add it to the build list!
I would do the A11. That is the one i used on mine and i love it. The ratiotek with the trans go will make huge difference and make it hold a lot more power. The a11 has the a01 parts in it way it looks.

Reactions: ALLIS200

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would you guys have any suggestions on what else to do while the truck is apart? Everything will be fully disassembled at some point so everything is getting blasted and painted either black or nardo grey. Should be starting the build thread in the next month or so after I get some progress on it

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
409 Posts
All depends on your budget. You could add a custom TC and a Danville 3794 turbo. HSP piping with Y-bridge. Banks intercooler. The list could go on. Just don’t buy any cooling stuff from Mishimoto especially the radiator. I have no good experience with there products although i did use there transmission cooler lines and so far so good.

Reactions: ALLIS200
1 - 7 of 7 Posts