Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know if I am able to keep driving or not? Was drivin down highway yesterday and all of the sudden it sounds like my tire is bouncing up and down like a basketball? BUT I dont feel anything in the steering wheel and the truck isnt all over the place? HELP PLEASE

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Sounds like you have a bad tire-- Probably have a loose tread on a tire. May not notice it at slow speed. Look at the tires and see if it is bulged or shows tread separating.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
which tire? my driver's side did that when the hub was going bad.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is my driver side and Ive took it in and nobody seems to know what the problem is?? They checked the ball joints and tierods and they were fine and also checked wheel balance, OK. So I dont know what to do at this point, some guy told me to get it road forced balanced? Its suppose to tell me if the tire itself is bad?

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Just a thought but could it be a bad shock

·
Registered
676 Posts
The first thing you want to do is check the tire air preasure, then if it was me what I would do is when you go on a drive of over an hour, feel the shocks, if they are warm, to hot they are good. I have an infered temp gun, they are cheap. If you have a bad shock the tire will bounce an extream amount. If one shock is extreamly hot then I would be looking at the tire, or a bent rim. If you are taking a tire in to be balanced or inspected, drive it for an hour so it is hot.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all I will drive it around and take it in again. Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
I would take a hard look at your wheel bearing... Seems to be a very common thing on the drivers side. I just did mine and it was making the same sounds. Also at low speed like driving around a parking lot when you turn right, stick your head out the window and see if you hear a scraping sound. Also, jack up the front and try rocking the wheel with your hands at 12 oclock and 6 oclock and if there is any play its the bearing.... hope that helps some.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts