Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about the Workhorse CAI being my next mod. Has anybody heard or experienced any pros or cons with it?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Cold Air Intake.

No stupid questions here, thats how we learn, and there are at least 20 other people wondering the same thing but too embarrassed to ask.:tease

The AEM's are pretty good units. Flow very well, and with the dry element filter they work very well in dusty conditions. Also, no oil to coat the turbo blades with like the AFE and K&N.

Let me know if you need any more info on them and I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cold Air Intake.

No stupid questions here, thats how we learn, and there are at least 20 other people wondering the same thing but too embarrassed to ask.:tease

The AEM's are pretty good units. Flow very well, and with the dry element filter they work very well in dusty conditions. Also, no oil to coat the turbo blades with like the AFE and K&N.

Let me know if you need any more info on them and I'll see what I can do.
You got that right about the stupid questions. There is a lot to learn about these trucks. Yes I would like some info on the AEM Workhorse CAI. I've never seen one. Is it just a "filter on a stick" or does it have a box on the end to seal it off?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The AEM Workhorse uses dryflow filter element for filtration down to 1 micron. and includes all tubing to go back to the turbo, and a heat shield to separate hot engine air from area around filter for a cooler intake tempreture and less turbulance in air flow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went ahead and ordered one. Hopefully it will be waiting on me this afternoon. :hyper

I will give everyone my opinion on it after the weekend...

·
Registered
17 Posts
the aem kit uses a heat shield and places filter between it and innerfender thus doing away with the entire stock induction system. kit includes locations for all factory installed sensors and 6061 alum. tubing fron turbo to filter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the AEM reomve the factory air silencer.

Yeah I dont think the Duramax's have an air silencer. I also took off the big plastic piece that says 6.6 on it and replaced it with a 2" rubber cap. Probably didnt do anything but I can see more of the engine now... The AEM looks great, dont know if it gave me anymore power but I like it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts