Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy some American force wheels but I'm concerned of what kind of work do these wheels take and how often would I need to polish them to keep them looking like chrome? Thanks

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I too have been wondering same thing, I was thinking about sealing them with some thing ShineSeal. I don't want to be polishing them once a month.
Tim

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
For what they cost they should have a coating to only need to spray, rinse and go.

Reactions: Sinister48

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
^^^^x2 on that my dad just spent 4k on a set for his 15

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I had a set on my 2014 Ram and the next set I have will be black. If you don't stay on top of them all the time you'll regret it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Whoever buys black American Forces should be slapped.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Here was my last set. 22x14 Vector FP8's

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
You can get them cleared but I guess that would defeat the purpose of being polished. Mother's has their aluminum polish down. It's the best I've ever used. If I got black forces I would get the ones where they're actually milled out of black aluminum...not sure how I feel about them being powder coated ...polished still looks the best on forces. idk how often they'd need polished though

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Whoever buys black American Forces should be slapped.
They are more than ridiculously priced. 22s with little tires on a 4x4 looks like a flaming good ol' boy.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
You can get them cleared but I guess that would defeat the purpose of being polished. Mother's has their aluminum polish down. It's the best I've ever used. If I got black forces I would get the ones where they're actually milled out of black aluminum...not sure how I feel about them being powder coated ...polished still looks the best on forces. idk how often they'd need polished though
That's what I was referring to. The special forces are the only ones that look decent. The biggest problem in my opinion is that they're a very plain wheel and black makes the even worse. I used White Lightning polish as recommended by AF and they still require a ton of polishing to keep them looking like new.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts