Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
i use it, it seems to run well i have not had any problems with it "knock on wood"

·
Registered
262 Posts
tyreboyz has a post that shows how to make the stock intake breathe like a aftermarket one it only takes abotu 30-45 minutes

·
Registered
262 Posts
how well did it work

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have not noticed any change. The process is easy. The ppe dudes cut out the fan blade looking thing. I cut out one side of it, then popped the rest of it out, because its held in by a couple of clips.

·
Registered
262 Posts
notice any mpg differences

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i gained roughly 1mpg doing this and the way i know is right before i did it i sent my PPE standard tuner back to PPE to have it updated to the ET 2 version and while it was stock other then a T/B exhaust i ran 2 tanks of fuel to check my mileage and on the first tank i got 14.6 and on the second tank after i did this CAI mod i got 15.8 mpg so their is a small increase,that was all country and city driving and now with the PPE HOT ET 2 set on 6(350HP)i'm getting 18.7 runnin the same route so it does make a difference and when you put 60k miles on in a years time every little bit helps..that hot et 2 is scary and does it throw the coal..

·
Registered
22 Posts
How do you get to the thread that explains the steps on how to do this to your filter housing?:confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts