Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2009 Duramax
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to switch my AFE cold air intake from the 05 LLY to the 2006 LBZ. will the air intake fit the LBZ motor. both are classic body styles. the reason i am asking this instead of doing is because i am deployed in Afghanistan. thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
838 Posts
Look one up on a vendors site and see what years fit. Thank you for doing what you do.:drink

·
Registered
838 Posts
I just looked them up on Huskers site and the product #s are different. BUMPd

·
Registered
457 Posts
The MAF sensor is in different locations and the tube is different also.

You might be able to modify it and make it work. Prolly would be easier to sell the one you have and just buy the correct one for the LBZ.

·
2009 Duramax
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help guys. well that sucks. i think my AFE maybe has 10K on it. Anyone interested in buying it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey...hope all is safe for you. what service are you in???
i just installed a AFE air intake on my 2006 so i just had to read your question.
what i would suggest is for you to email brian at AFE at [email protected]

i am assuming they won't fit but.......see if he can send you the misc. parts so that you can modify the air intake and won't have to purcahse a completely new one.
at worse, sell your '05 intake and purchase the new one.
good luck.

·
2009 Duramax
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the email. i am in the army and about to finish my second tour. i cant wait to come back and get the truck. I'm from NE and we are used to rigging things but since this things is pretty much new (6900 miles) ill prob just get the right stuff. thanks again for all the help guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts