Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a little 'system' in my truck, nothing special, just a rockford amp with a 12" sub and some polk door speakers, anyways, there was a sony head unit in the truck when I got it, and its crap. It won't even send power to the amp when taking signal from AUX (I thought my amp was trashed until I turned the radio on one day).

Cheaper the better obviously, probably going to look for a used version of what you guys suggest. Just nothing too cheap. I still like some quality I just don't need GPS, DVD, and built in butler or anything. With Aux port, but I think they all have that anyways.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Your aux problem could be easy to solve some of the Sony head units have 2 remote turn on outputs one for power antenna and one for an amp, if the amp is hooked up to the wrong one the only time it will turn on is on radio, if there are two one will be blue and the other blue with a white stripe the one with the white stripe is the one you want.

As far as a good deck for the money I really like the pioneer dehx6500 I have sold a ton of them and everyone seems to love it. Here is an aux and a USB on it as well as Bluetooth calling. And Bluetooth audio.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Kenwood Excellon are great radios. Usually have a shit ton more features than a comparably priced Alpine. iPod control, 4v pre-outs, 22wrms per channel, aux.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts