Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 3500 Denali dually LML 6.6 duramax
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 3500 denali dually thats been in the dealership for three weeks with a "poor quality def error message" but thats another story. I was wondering if there is an after market gauge or display that can tell me when im going into a regen?

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
Check out the Edge Insight CS2 or CTS2 many gauges and monitor ONLY, I think it offers what your looking for and more.
Well worth the investment, easy plug and play.

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
:thumb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Purchased the BlueDriver witch has a great app that shows real time live condition of supported points. It also tells me when a regen is in progress

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
Phone app devices are ok, but I prefer having a actual monitor instead of trying to see the pids on a small screen and trying to look down instead of keeping my eyes on the road with the monitor at eye level with the road.
Edge Insight also shows regen along with lots of live data options.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply. For me this was affordable and I have limited to no knowledge of diesels. I’m in a learning curve. I did have some issues with reduced power on the display and it was determined that it was a bad glow plug. Then it happened again and this time it had to do with the turbo. After the codes were cleared it couldn’t be duplicated unless I was towing so that why I purchased it so I would have the info for my mechanic. I think at this point we’re replacing the turbo. My choice he didn’t want to start throwing parts at it. I do feel more comfortable having it handy. Thanks

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
Will your Blue Driver show Turbo Vane Position bottom right which is useful to monitor especially if your concerned on how its functioning.
I understand the affordable part but also the easy way.
You can read and clear codes, records section where you can see the max pid numbers for a dozen + pids that you can't keep a eye on.
No connecting your phone every time scrolling thru.

Good Luck with what your dealing with.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it does show vane position in percentage, graph or digital view. It will show up to 5 different items on the screen. You can also freeze a moment in time and generate reports of all supported points. As far as the codes go yes it generates the fault codes and allows to clear them. Every Monday there are new updates available for the sensor if there are any new ones. The best is there are no monthly fees.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe when I learn more about these diesels I’ll need something more detailed and accurate. Thanks for your input it is appreciated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts